Thursday 9 February 2012

Mississippi Mud Brownies.



I saw this recipe on an american blog which I stumbled across and thought that they looked amazing. I have adapted the recipe slightly to make them less sweet than the american version. I can testify that they taste as good as they look. Whilst I was making them I almost backed out fearing that the peanut butter was going to be gilding the lilly but it really works as the peanut balances out the slightly sickly taste of the marshmallows.


¾ cups Flour
3 Tbsp Cocoa 
½ Tsp Salt
125g Butter
1 cup Granulated Sugar
¾ Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs
100g Chocolate Chips
½ cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 cups Marshmallows Mini or Large 
½ cups Chopped And Toasted Pecans
150g Chocolate 


Preheat oven to 180C. Line an 8×8″ square baking pan with parchment paper. Combine flour, cocoa powder, and salt. 


In another bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time. Stir dry ingredients into batter. Pour batter into prepared tin and spread evenly. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake in preheated oven for 22-25 minutes.


When brownie is done, put peanut butter in the microwave to soften. This does seem like a lot of peanut butter but don't worry it does work. Pour this warm mixture over hot brownie and spread. Sprinkle the peanut butter covered brownies with marshmallows. Return to oven to bake for 3 more minutes, or until the marshmallows puff. Remove from oven and sprinkle puffed marshmallows with toasted pecans. Let the marshmallow cool. Then pour over melted chocolate and leave to set. When it comes to cutting them up in order to serve use a hot knife to melt though the chocolate and marshmallow as this will give you neater sides.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my word yum! They look gorgeous.

    I have tagged you over at bambinosandbumps.blogspot.com if you would like to join in come over and have a look. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. Yes please. Can you send me some please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing! I am actually dribbling on my desk right now! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I really like the sound of these! What a different combination - delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete