Tuesday 3 April 2012

Banana Loaf.

This is a recipe which is ingrained on my mind. At school we used to have fruit bowls in the boarding houses; in the bottom of which there was always a black banana or two, which everyone refused to eat. This offend me greatly so matron would provide me with the ingredients and I was regularly to be found in a free period, when I should have been studying making banana loaf. In a boarding house of sixty girls they never lasted long enough to get cold! Let alone toasted.


This original recipe which this is loosely based on comes from the magimix cook book, throw it all in and press on. It is therefore quite a forgiving batter so great for when you have small helpers. At the request of the Musician I have also included an optional extra 100g chocolate chips in this loaf.


225g Flour
75g Soft butter
175g Caster sugar
2 Large ripe bananas
2 Eggs
1 tsp Baking powder
2 tbsp Milk
100g Chocolate chips optional


Pre heat oven to 180C or 160C for a fan oven. This quantity fills a 2lb loaf tin. Grease the tin well and dust with flour. Mash the bananas. Stir together all ingredients and bake for 1hr or until a skewer comes out clean.


I have linked this up to Family Friendly Fridays.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm I'd quite like a slice of this now with a cup of tea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great I love banana and chocolate cake try adding some chunks of crunchie for a different twist if you fancy a change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! I love banana bread and I will definitely have to try out your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely recipe, thanks for linking up! x

    ReplyDelete