Friday 25 November 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies.

This weekend is the Durham Black Tie Reeling Ball which like the ball in Edinburgh last weekend I was meant to be going to. However having broken my arm very badly in the summer I am still banned from all types of sport. So last night I put my essay off for a while longer and made a batch of these to send down to Durham. The recipe made about two dozen unfortunately only one dozen survived to this morning. I don't have much hope that the rest will make it to their destination intact. Nina and Lally this is what they looked like and if they don't turn up you know who to blame! I would also appreciate it if someone could bring my one boot which Nina accidentally packed in her suitcase back with them.
Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups Flour.
1/2 tsp Baking powder
3/4 tsp Salt
150g Butter
1/2 cup Light brown sugar
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
1 Large egg
2tsp Vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Chocolate chips
1 cup of nuts (optional) 

Method:

Oven to 190C or second set of runners in roasting oven you maybe ok without a cold shelf but I would just watch them.
Cream the butter and sugars together, then beat in the egg and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients followed by the chocolate and nuts. Roll the dough into balls about 1-1 1/2 inches across and bake for 10-12 minutes. Don't put them too close as these do spread.

1 comment: